get high with hayley and learn to handbuild ceramics
i offer private, introductory level hand-building ceramics classes in my apartment in bushwick, brooklyn, new york, where we will smoke weed and go through the basics of coil-building and pinch-pots with stoneware.
i will provide:
- clay, all tools, 2 hours of introductory coiling/pinching instruction
- pot smoking (feel free to bring your own weed if you prefer, or we don't have to smoke at all if you're not into that!)
- firing & glazing of your piece (1 piece per person). you will pick a glaze from a list and can pick up your finished piece in 4-8 weeks.
- greta, my dog, will be present
monday - thursday, 6-8 PM / 7-9 PM
sunday, 2-4 PM / 4-6 PM
$125 for 1 person
$175 for 2 people
sliding scale for marginalized people who may not be able to afford the full price is available starting at $60
i also graciously accept tips
i am currently only booking fully-vaccinated clients. you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon scheduling. unfortunately my space is not wheelchair accessible. there are 2.5 sets of stairs to climb. there are bright lights that can be shut off if dimmer or natural light is needed or preferred. clay is messy, so please wear clothes you can get dirty. ceramics often produce dust, so please bring a face mask if you'd like. there is a full bathroom available. you have the choice to sit on floor pillows or on my couch. this is a dog-friendly apartment, and a small dachshund named greta will be present.
- please use the calendly booking link at the bottom right corner of this page
- please send payment using the instructions on calendly & email a photo of all attendees' vaccination cards to email@example.com at time of booking. a class is only confirmed once both of these tasks have been completed and lesson scheduled through calendly
- if you choose to pay by paypal, i kindly request that you send payment through "friends and family" to avoid a fee for both of us
- i am currently unable to provide refunds once a class is booked, however, i am happy to reschedule up to 24 hours in advance